Anthony Giannotti is a senior partner of Beluli Giannotti LLP in Windsor Ontario a firm he started in March 2009 together with Dimitry (Jim) Beluli. He is a member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, The Advocates Society, and the Essex Law Association, and The Writer’s Guild of Canada.
Anthony Giannotti has been certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as being a Specialist in Civil Litigation and he has maintained this prestigious designation since 2004. Certified Specialists such as Anthony Giannotti have achieved unparalleled expertise and standards.
According to the Law Society of Upper Canada:
“Lawyers who are Law Society Certified Specialists have the experience and credentials to meet your legal needs. Certified Specialists are recognized and experienced lawyers who have met the highest standards of competence and professionalism in their files of practice.”
Anthony Giannotti has attained the following Degrees and Designations:
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Windsor, Ontario Canada 1986
- Bachelor of Education – University of Windsor, Ontario Canada 1987
- Ontario Teacher’s Certificate – 1987
- Criminology & Criminal Justice –University of Windsor, Ontario Canada 1989
- Bachelor of Laws –University of Windsor, Ontario Canada 1992
- Barrister & Solicitor Admitted to the Rolls of the Law Society of Upper Canada, 1994
- Specialist in Civil Litigation Certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada 2004
- Juris Doctor – University of Windsor, Ontario Canada 2013
He has been an invited guest lecturer and presenter for associations such as the Law Society of Upper Canada, The Advocates Society, the University of Windsor Civil Trial Advocacy Course, and the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (2006 Fall Conference, 2008 Spring Conference). He has also taught the Bar Admission Course Civil Litigation Section for the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Leading and Cutting Edge Cases
Anthony Giannotti has acted as counsel in several high profile cases in Ontario and practices in the Court of Appeal as well. Anthony Giannotti has acted as counsel in many cutting edge cases. In 1998, he sued the Township of Lasalle for wrongful death of a local teenager in 1998 which acted as the catalyst for sidewalks and streetlights being constructed in Lasalle, Ontario.
In 2005, Anthony Giannotti pushed the envelope of Tort Law and in particular the area of Nervous Shock/Product Liability when he successfully sued international water company Culligan, for damages resulting from the existence of a fly in a bottle of water where his client suffered a severe psychiatric reaction;
The case was heard by the Court of Appeal for Ontario as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.
In 2005 Anthony Giannotti again pushed the envelope in the area of Employment and Wrongful Dismissal Law when he obtained a Judgment against an international company, Flex N Gate, for damages resulting from Wrongful Dismissal of his client. The Judgment was unique in that both Punitive and Aggravated Damages were awarded in a wrongful dismissal case in addition to Damages awarded pursuant to the principles in the Supreme Court of Canada decision in Wallace v. United Grain Growers Ltd.; The case has since gone on to become a precedent for other courts.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Anthony Giannotti worked as a high school teacher for the Windsor Roman Catholic Separate School Board for 2 years.
Entertainment/Literary Works and Film
Anthony Giannotti has a separate and distinct career which he maintains in addition to his illustrious law practice. Prior to entering law, Anthony Giannotti became an accomplished musician and has performed professionally for over 35 years. His is a multi-instrumentalist focusing on electric and classical guitar, piano, and vocals.
He has been a member of The Society of Authors, Composers, and Music Publishers of Canada (Socan) since 1987 and continues to be active in the entertainment industry. He is a guitarist, singer, songwriter and musician of the highest caliber who funded his education through his performances. He has written and recorded numerous songs and in particular wrote and recorded the commercial for The Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation called “The Breath of Life”.
Anthony Giannotti is also the President of Calabrese Productions Inc. based in Ontario, Canada which promotes and produces live acts in North America.
Anthony Giannotti acts as manager, producer and tour promoter internationally acclaimed Australian Comedian Joe Avati. Anthony Giannotti is the Executive Producer of Joe Avati Live!; Joe Avati & Friends; Joe Avati Back 2 Basics Tour; all of which shows have toured throughout North America since 2001.
Anthony Giannotti was chosen by Neal Schon of the rock super groups JOURNEY and SANTANA to write a Biographical book of the famed guitarist (and Santana guitarist).
Anthony Giannotti is also a member of the esteemed Writer’s Guild of Canada. He is under contract with the prestigious film company and distributor Equinoxe Films of Montreal Canada for the production of film and television series.
Anthony Giannotti continues to actively practice civil litigation in Windsor Ontario in addition to expressing his artistic talents through music, book writing, and movie writing.
Guitars and Cars: The Passions of Neal Schon (Hong Kong The Quail Magazine 2014)
Feature article on Journey and Santana Guitar virtuoso Neal Schon. Article is published in high-end magazine by the Pennisula Hotel and is placed in 15,000 Pennisula Hotel rooms and suites 365 days per year;
The Only Authorized Biography of Neal Schon
(To Be Released)
From the Snail in the Beer to the Fly in the Water – The Law of Nervous Shock
(2006) Ontario Trial Lawyers Fall Conference (Ontario Trial Lawyers Association)
Overview of the Mustapha vs. Culligan case written and delivered by the Trial Lawyer on the case detailing the legal impact of the case on the Canadian Law.
The Law of Nervous Shock in Canada (Ontario Trial Lawyers Association)
Ontario Canada May 22, 2008
Leading trial lawyer, Anthony Giannotti, provides a detailed analysis of the state of the Law in Canada on the Tort of Nervous Shock for the members of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association.
The following are reported precedent setting cases in which Anthony Giannotti has acted as counsel:
- Francis v. Great Northern Hydroponics, 2015 HRTO 1175 (CanLII) Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario — Ontario-offer to settle letter — reactivation deferred application— half-day preliminary hearing by teleconference — appropriately dealt with its substance — proceeding
- Indcom Leasing Inc v Economy Lube Mississauga #2 Inc, 2014 (CanLII) 50236 (ON SCSM)
Cause of action arose — venue — guarantors — territorial division — set aside
- Wu v. Gore Mutual Insurance Co. (2009) Ontario Superior Court of Justice Carswell 7577 Subject: Insurance- Fire Loss – Policy Interpretation;
- Rivait v. Monforton, 2007 ONCA 829 (CanLII) Rivait v. Monforton, 2007 ONCA 829
- Plasponics Ltd. v. Bernard Mould Ltd. 2007 CarswellOnt 3265 Ontario Superior Court of Justice May 25, 2007 Docket: 06-CV-7635CM Subject: Corporate and Commercial; Civil Practice and Procedure; Contracts Alternative dispute resolution. Contracts.
- Mustapha v. Culligan of Canada Ltd. 2006 CarswellOnt 2385 39 C.C.L.T. (3d) 8 Ontario Superior Court of Justice April 19, 2006 Docket: 03-CV-27CM Subject: Torts; Civil Practice and Procedure Negligence — Practice and procedure — Costs – General
- Messrs. Corrent & Macri, LLP v. Pillette Transfer Station Ltd. 2006 CarswellOnt 887 Ontario Superior Court of Justice February 16, 2006 Docket: 05-CV-5089 Subject: Public; Civil Practice and Procedure Professions and occupations — Barristers and solicitors — Fees — Agreements for fees — Existence of agreement
- Rivait v. Monforton 2005 CarswellOnt 5898 Ontario Superior Court of Justice November 1, 2005 Docket: 99-GD-47221 Subject: Public; Civil Practice and Procedure; Torts Professions and occupations — Barristers and solicitors — Negligence — In conduct of action – Miscellaneous
- Mustapha v. Culligan of Canada Ltd. 2005 CarswellOnt 1456 32 C.C.L.T. (3d) 123 Ontario Superior Court of Justice April 7, 2005 Docket: 03-CV-27CM Subject: Torts; Civil Practice and Procedure Negligence — General principles — Causation — Mental and nervous shock
- Bouma v. Flex-N-Gate Canada Co. 2005 CarswellOnt 1263 40 C.C.E.L. (3d) 2 Ontario Superior Court of Justice April 4, 2005 Docket: 02-GD-53415 Subject: Civil Practice and Procedure; Labour and Employment; Public Civil practice and procedure — Judgments and orders — Construction and interpretation
- 507656 N.B. Inc. v. Lafond 2000 CarswellOnt 5105 38 R.P.R. (3d) 113 Ontario Superior Court of Justice December 6, 2000 Docket: 99-GD-46342 Subject: Property Limitation of actions — Real property — Adverse possession — Possession — Continuous — Successive occupants
- Accucaps Industries Ltd. v. Stedin International Inc. 2000 CarswellOnt 276 Ontario Superior Court of Justice January 24, 2000 Docket: 95-GD-32669 Subject: Contracts; Corporate and Commercial Contracts — Performance or breach — Breach — General. Trade and commerce — Trade secrets and confidential information – Employees
- Sidhu v. Kooner 1999 CarswellOnt 2217 Ontario Court of Appeal July 22, 1999 Docket: CA C31270 Subject: Civil Practice and Procedure Practice — Costs — Appeals as to costs – General
- Sidhu v. Kooner 1998 CarswellOnt 5049 Ontario Court of Appeal December 18, 1998 Docket: CA M23190 Subject: Corporate and Commercial; Civil Practice and Procedure
- Sidhu v. Kooner 1998 CarswellOnt 5088 Ontario Court of Justice (General Division) August 26, 1998 Docket: Sault Ste. Marie 95-GD-33816 Subject: Corporate and Commercial
- Tannous v. Donaghue 1998 CarswellOnt 2362 Ontario Court of Appeal June 8, 1998 Docket: CA C23447, C23375 Subject: Labour and Employment
- Sidhu v. Kooner 1997 CarswellOnt 3137 Ontario Court of Justice (General Division) August 13, 1997 Docket: Sault Ste. Marie 95-GD-33816 Subject: Corporate and Commercial
- James Joseph Morrison Management Ltd. v. Dofasco Inc. 1997 CarswellOnt 1256 26 O.T.C. 336, 34 C.P.C. (4th) 309,  O.J. No. 1083 Ontario Court of Justice, General Division March 11, 1997 Docket: Windsor 92-GD-20032 Subject: Civil Practice and Procedure; Insolvency; Corporate and Commercial Practice — Trials — Place of trial — Application for change of venue — Grounds for change of venue
- P.R. Mold & Tools Inc. V. Corrado; 1995 CarswellOnt 745; Ontario General Division; May 2, 1995; Docket: Doc. Simcoe 95-GD-31863; Subject: Civil Practice and Procedure
- Village Grove Corp. v. Collins; 1996 CarswellOnt 539; 1 R.P.R. (3d) 103; Ontario Court of Justice (General Division); February 15, 1996; Docket: Doc. Windsor 94-GD-29999;